Saturday 22 November 2014

Welcome back, Andy Coulson. Let me tell you about life after prison

Welcome back, Andy Coulson. Let me tell you about life after prison | Denis MacShane | Comment is free | The Guardian:

"Everyone in the political-media world knows that far from you being the only editor or journalist who took part in hacking and invasion of privacy, there are loads who did and nothing happened to them, just as I can name MPs and ministers today who fiddled the expenses system for personal profit – something no one accused me of – and who escaped without a mark on their character.

 So you will ask yourself, as I did: “Why me?” All I can say is that life happens. If I hear another senior judge friend tell me that what they and the CPS do has nothing to do with justice or truth but is about social order, I will yawn, but the plain fact is that this weird thing called society or public opinion needed some to be punished after the double scandal of MPs’ expenses and phone hacking." 'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment